Welcome Friends

Thanks for stopping by. This means that you are on a quest to pursue your purpose. The personal devotions in this blog are our very own or from books we have read. They are to remind you of the treasure in God's promises and wet your appetite for more, drawing you into Scripture itself, as you take this journey in preparing for your next level in God.

Monday, August 22, 2011

WE Rock! - Author Interview with Terri D.

This whole month has been a month of celebration. I call it WE Rock! WE Rock means Women Empowered to Rock. For the entire month we have been celebrating the victory of August 26, 1920, the 19th Amendment became law, and women could vote. In honor of this celebration, I am giving away two of my books "It Had to Happen" the contest details are in my blog. To continue this celebration, I will be introducing to you some amazing women. These women are authors, entrepreneurs, educators, and trailblazers who are making a difference.

So I would like to introduce my first guest Terri Coleman Washington, her pen name Author Terri D. I loved the book and hope you enjoy.


CP: Thank you so much for agreeing to do this interview. Give us a brief bio of who you are?
Author Terri D.:I am a long-term transplant resident of Harrisburg, PA. I am single mother of three who has written poetry and short stories all of my life. My children have always been my inspiration to push to get to the next level. I write as a way to express myself and to document my inner most feelings. I have published my debut novel titled Yesterday’s Lies earlier this year.

CP: Can you give us a brief overview of your latest book?

Author Terri D.:Yesterday’s Lies is a poignant tale of a circle of close friends who lives are more intertwined than they realize; that is until the blurred lines of love, lust and friendship begins to reveal the half-truths and lies that exist. Will the secrets they all hold from the past ruin their friendships and lives forever?

Toni and Jada have been friends since High School. They dated best friends David and Benjamin and the foursome even decided to attend the same college together. A tragic event in the final semester of senior year starts the web of lies and deceit that will follow them into their adult lives. The story begins seven years after graduation from college. The secrets and lies from their past start to unravel when an old friend returns from a seven year hiatus. Where has he been? Does he hold the key to unlock the secrets and lies from their past? Others in this small group of friends have their own secrets they have been keeping. When the truth is revealed will, the life changing decisions that were made based on what everyone thought they knew be enough to rip friendships apart.

Things are seldom, as they seem. High school sweethearts Jada and David, Jr have built a wonderful life together post college. Two beautiful children and both have successful careers. When an old friend returns to the scene the half-truths are in danger of being revealed and the consequences could be devastating for everyone involved.

Yesterday’s Lies will leave you asking yourself the questions. What secrets do you keep from the one you share everything with? How far would you go to protect your friends? Could your friendship survive this type of deception? Can a true love survive the deception and lies?

CP: Who do you imagine is your ideal reader?
Author Terri D.: Any woman who has a close female friend from childhood she confides in or any woman who has ever lost a love.

CP: What authors most inspire you?
Author Terri D.: E Lynn Harris is one of my favorites. So sad he is gone.

CP: Did you try the traditional route to publishing, i.e. querying agents/publishers, or did you jump right into self-publication?
Author Terri D.: I did not go the traditional route as I was being mentored by a self published author so I did what she had done.

CP: What was your journey as a writer?
Author Terri D.: I always kept journals and dabbled in poetry but did not set out to write a novel. That just kind of happened. I had an idea and starting writing and before I knew it I had a novel.

CP: Any advice you can give to new writers?
Author Terri D.: My advice would be to do a lot of research about the industry and sit down and come up with a marketing plan before you get your book published.

CP: Where have you put your work on sale?
Author Terri D.: My book is currently available on all of the major sites like Amazon, Barnes and Noble and Books a million. I have also been working with several independent book stores to have them carry my book.

CP: Is it available in only print, or is there a digital format available?
Author Terri D.: It is also available as an eBook on Amazon and on Smashwords.com

CP: Do you find it difficult to manage your time, speaking engagements, shifting focus between marketing your current book and writing your next book, as well as any day-to-day responsibilities?
Author Terri D.:I had spread myself a little too thin at the beginning of the summer. I made it through all of those events and signings and am taking a brief break before I get started again in the fall.

CP: What's next for you? Any new books in the works?
Author Terri D.: I am currently working on my second novel which happens to be a sequel.

CP: How can we contact you?

Author Terri D.: Yesterday's Lies is the title of my novel.
www.AuthorTerriD.com

They can also follow me on:
Twitter: www.Twitter.com/AuthorTerriD

This is the end of the interview with Author Terri D. I hope you enjoyed the interview with this amazing woman. Pick up her book. You will really be inspired.

2 comments:

  1. I just saw a review on this book and it looked very good! Great interview!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this novel as well as met mrs. Terry D. I enjoyed the novel very much and look for to part 2.

    ReplyDelete