Welcome Friends

Thanks for stopping by. This means that you are on a quest to pursue your purpose. The personal devotions in this blog are our very own or from books we have read. They are to remind you of the treasure in God's promises and wet your appetite for more, drawing you into Scripture itself, as you take this journey in preparing for your next level in God.

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

WE Rock Week! A Woman of Wisdom, Esther "Renee" Daniels

It has been an awesome empowerment week. We have had some amazing women. Now I want to introduce and wonderful woman of wisdom. She is a very good friend of mine who I have grown to admire -- Minister Esther "Renee" Daniels.


CP: Give us a brief bio of who you are?

ERD: I am a native of Beaumont, Texas and married to my soul mate Andre’ Daniels reside in Houston, Texas. Renee’, as most of my friends call me, is always on a mission to spread God’s word. I am a chemical dependency counselor and life coach. I am Founder of Titus Works, Ministries.This ministry is to spread the word freely to ages 25 and up. Titus based on the Word of God in Titus chapter 2, teaches the old shall be there to guide the young into a better life with Christ. This ministry strives to do this in a unique way through telephone conferences with powerful speakers and topics is keeping it real with people and God.

CP: Can you give us a brief overview of your organization/ministry?

ERD: Titus Works, Ministries.This ministry is to spread the word freely to ages 25 and up. Titus based on the Word of God in Titus chapter 2, teaches the old shall be there to guide the young into a better life with Christ. This ministry strives to do this in a unique way through telephone conferences with powerful speakers and topics is keeping it real with people and God.


CP: Who do you imagine is your ideal client?

ERD: I imagine that my ideal client is anyone who has a need; I am so willing to be of service in whatever capacity I can. What usually happens is God will bring people on my path that needs what I have. What I have is the experiences of my life that God has brought me through and it is all used for his good! People are always looking for an answer, for their truth and God has blessed me to have the courage to share the blessings of God to bring hope!

CP: If given the opportunity to speak with one of the most influential women past or present, who would it be and what would you ask her?

ERD: Wow that’s a good question. . . although there are many influential women in this world that I respect and appreciate, I don’t really have a person in mind that I have a question for. I am a person who has for a big portion of my life lived by imitating what I saw or what I was told my life should look like. As a result of not knowing who I was, therefore at this time in my life I am trying to stay focus on what it is God has for me to do. He places the people on my path that I need a particular type of guidance at that particular time.

CP: What one book, written by a woman, do you wish you'd written yourself? Why?

I wish I had written the book “Transforming for a Purpose, Fulfilling God’s Mission as Daughters of the King” written by Anita Carman. The reason I say this book is because I am watching my life be transformed right before my eyes, and it is so amazing. One of the things she says that touched me so was, “Imagine the freedom of finding your compass in an unchanging God and arriving at a place where no human or event can rob you of your purpose.” She also says, “We are not hired help, we are daughters of the King, and He wants us to see with His eyes, feel with His heart, and leave this earth changed with His fingerprints.” This is my desire to live a purpose filled life that when it is all said and done the fingerprints of God will be over all that was on my journey.


CP: What was your journey to get where you are today? Any advice you can give to a younger woman?

ERD: Through my life I have experienced many things, some of which I am very proud of and some of which I am not so proud of. But as my friend Elder Patterson would say, all of it had to happen! I have come from a very lonely childhood low self-esteem, drug addiction, a failed marriage and many many disappointments. But GOD! I have been given the opportunity to experience God’s amazing grace and mercy. . .recovery of 23 years from that drug addiction, in a marriage filled with great love of 14 years, and still some disappointments but knowing that God knows what is best for me. As for the self-esteem well it is a whole lot better but still being worked out. My journey has been about progression even when it sometimes did not feel like it. I am so grateful that God’s thoughts are not like my thoughts, because if they were so much of my journey would not have taken place.

I would say to a younger woman, NEVER ABSOLUTELY NEVER allow yourself to settle in any area of your life, but more than that always seek what God would have you to do. When those days come that you are confused about the answers you seek, I pray that you have a mentor in your life that you can rely on to walk with you through life. I really believe that none of us have to walk out our lives alone. That if we allow it God will bless us with that Titus friend we all need. Find your Titus friend, it will bless your life!!!

CP: Do you find it difficult to manage your time, speaking engagements, shifting focus between marketing your organization/ ministry, as well as any day-to-day responsibilities?

ERD: I do find it challenging to manage my time between ministry and my day to day responsibilities to some extent. But, for the most part I have to remember to keep priority in the forefront when planning. I have to learn how to say no when I need to say no. One of my Titus friends says to me all the time, “Renee’ you can’t be at everything and everything is not meant for you” So, I truly look at my calendar and decide what I can do and can’t.


CP: What's next for you? Any upcoming events for your organization?


ERD: At this time Titus Works is getting ready for the upcoming calls for September which are going to be a true blessing. On September 1st our guest will be Dr. Carolyn Miller discussing “What's ailing you. . .that old beliefs are keeping you from GETTING GOOD AT LIFE! Getting help to deal with life issues is not taboo!! Then on September 15th Dr. Conte Terrell will discuss, Do you know what friendship is . . . FOR REAL! Would you recognize it when it shows up? We are also in the planning stages of a Mentor~Mentee Brunch, it’s purpose is to help those who may have a desire to be involved in mentorship whether that is by being a mentor or receiving mentorship. I have also been invited to be a guest on, The Beautiful Butterfly blog talk show to discuss mental health issues around substance abuse in her Mind Body and Soul Series. I look forward to other assignments that God will place on my path of this purpose filled life!

Bless you my friend for interviewing. We cannot wait for your call and upcoming events. That concludes our interview today with my friend and co-laborer Renee.

No comments:

Post a Comment